-About a Girl-
Saturday, September 09, 2006
- I just love how I type in "Eric Johnson Cliffs of Dover" in the limewire search bar, and they give me results like "sisters fucking in backyard pool". Oh yeah.
- I want to run for school captain, but I know I won't get it. I want to be captain not for the sake of it, but because I know I can lead this school well, that I will listen to people, that I can make a difference. The sad truth is that captain elections are more or less popularity contests, and lord knows how much I hate selling myself for affection.
- To spend summer in Malaysia playing pool, eating endless series of roti canais, sipping on teh o ais limau, complaining about the food at Asia Cafe but fucking loving it anyway, dancing and eargasm-ing at the Loft (its the little things you miss the most)....or to stay here in Oz and paint, get my life in order, and be serious about my future for once?
- A month of vegetarianism with no relapses; I'm so proud of myself. The hard part is going to work every weekend and seeing all that glorious food and for a second forgetting why I made the choice anyway, but then my senses come back and each time I make the right choice, my conscience grows clearer. There is no greater feeling than knowing you've resisted temptation for a greater cause.
- Ben Harper is like no other.
- I like the fact that there is only one person in this whole entire planet thats allowed to call me "baby" in the most sincere and genuine way, and we're not even in a relationship.
- Read of the month: The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer.
- The only thing I've ever been definitely 100% sure of in my life is that I want to take a career path in human rights. In class we were discussing poverty and hunger in unegalitarian societies and Kevin, my society and culture teacher whom I admire so much said something thats been playing over and over in my mind ever since: "There is no reason why we can't feed every single person on the planet". Brazil and the car can wait, after year 12 I'm doing a 5 weeks to 3 months thing with youth challenge. Either that, or the UN thingie my mum's signing me up for. No no, I've definitely made up my mind this time. =)
- Best advice I've been given all year, from Gerard my french teacher: "Stay away from people who KNOW they're right." Understood? A very Buddhist philosophy, oui, and oh-so-true.
- On friday in Society and Culture, we watched a non-dialogue documentary called "Baraka", click on the link and look at how many places all over the world they filmed in. Fucking amazing, the way it was shot, and although its quite alot to digest (quite a few scenes choked me up), its a definite must-see.
- I wish I had a little player on my blog playing Rodrigo y Gabriela, so you could see for yourself how fucking awesome they are. My cd has been winning me cool points from the oldie teachers in school... They hear it and applaud me, calling me things like "intellectual, "classy", "sophisticated".
- FUCK! I have to catch the SIX AM bus to school on Tuesday. TO SIT FOR A MATH TEST.
- (you see, i hate math so much that I broke down and cried 4 times studying it during the weeks prior to the finals)
Posted by Closet Groupie ::
9:38 PM ::
- And here's a biiiig I LOVE YOU to Steven, Nicole, Tash, and Narm...spread the love, spread the legs. Oh yeah.
Post a Comment